A Wiss client in Morris County, NJ is seeking a Director of Finance to join their growing team. The candidate MUST possess a concentrated cost/management accounting pedigree.
Responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. Provide leadership and
coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company.
1. Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the
company to include budgeting, tax planning, real estate, and conservation of assets.
2. Approve, coordinate and manage changes and improvements in automated financial and
management information systems for the company.
3. Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
4. Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, and position control documents,
department budgets, salary updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
5. Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and
6. Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
7. Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
8. Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial
and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations.
9. Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
10. Develop and direct the implementation of strategic business and/or operational plans, projects,
programs, budgets and systems.
11. Assist in obtaining and reviewing the necessary licenses and insurance required for the business.
12. Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide business leaders. Analyze financial
statements to pinpoint potential weak areas.
13. Direct the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable efforts.
14. Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and
15. Serve on planning and policy-making Executive Management Team.
16. Lead the financial management of operations to include developing financial and budget policies
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Represent the company externally to customers, government
agencies, funding agencies, and the general public.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change
management. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting
reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial
data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
2. Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to
motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage
several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
3. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Masters Degree in Finance
or Accounting, ten years of experience in senior-level finance or accounting position, and a CPA.
4. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
1. Minimum of Masters Degree.
2. CPA Preferred
This position is for a Wiss & Company client. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company’s career site. After submitting your information, it will be redirected to the Hiring Manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted
To all Staffing Agencies: Wiss will not be utilizing agencies for this particular position. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to partner with Wiss & Company on future positions must have an updated contractual agreement. Please be reminded, Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes will become the property of Wiss & Company LLP