A Wiss client in the professional services industry located in Northern New Jersey is seeking an Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Coordinator to join their team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Accounts Payable
- Controls and enters manufacturers' and vendors' invoices for payment.
- Processes and prints accounts payable disbursements: checks, ACH's & Wires.
- Process Affiliate Commission Payments and applications to AR as needed.
- Maintains daily controls of specific vendor's activity, invoices, credits and discounts.
- Responsible for accuracy of accounts payable aging, investigating and resolving variances, reconciling to vendor statements.
- Controls and enters Affiliate damage claim vouchers for payment.
- Processes employee expense reimbursements.
- Enters and verifies customer refund and miscellaneous checks.
- Reconciles American Express statements to General Ledger.
- Review and reconciles month-end account payable reports.
- Ensure accuracy of Open Purchase Order Report by working with creator of PO.
- Maintains both computer and hard copy vendor information files.
B. Sales Tax
- Records, calculates, completes and files all state and local sales and use tax returns.
- Use internet to research tax information, download tax forms and file on-line tax returns.
- Reconcile sales tax liability accounts to General Ledger.
C. Accounts Receivable Administration
- Ensures accuracy of accounts receiveable aging.
- Performs sales data entry and invoicing duties.
- Responsible for accounts receivable collections.
- Provides administrative oversight to Sales Department.
- Ensures accuracy of Open Sales Order Report by working with creator as needed.
D. Inventory Management
- Inputs new Build Assembly inventory items.
- Transfers inventory between Rental, Trade Sales and Pro Winds platforms as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Applies a background equivalent to a high school graduate with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 5 years administrative experience, accounts payable experience, able to effectively communicate with customers, vendors and colleagues.
Skills and Abilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required:
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Control and General Ledger.
- Computer data entry experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Typing ability: Minimum 40 wpm
- Excellent written and verbal communciation skills
- Able to perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to recognize, organize and follow priorities.
- Cooperative and flexible in work attitude.
- Consistent and reliable in attendance and punctuality.
- Paid company holidays.
- Eligible for health, dental, life insurance and 401(k) pension plan benefits.
- Paid time off
This position is for a Wiss & Company client. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss & Company’s career site. After submitting your information, it will be redirected to the Director of Talent Acquisition. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted. To all staffing agencies: Wiss will not be utilizing external agencies for this position. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to partner with Wiss & Company on future positions must have an active contract with Wiss & Company. If you do not currently have a contract, please reach out to the Director of Talent Acquisition at Wiss prior to sending the candidate’s information, as Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes will become the property of Wiss & Company.