Our client, a rapidly growing manufacturing industry leader in Bergen County, is seeking a Director of Human Resources to work alongside its Executive Team. The Director of Human Resources will drive key HR initiatives and provide strategic direction for the company. This position will be responsible for providing key thought leadership, influence and hands-on management of the HR function.
- Partner with executive team to drive HR initiatives regarding talent acquisition, talent development and retention plans that closely aligns with the company’s mission and core values
- Function as a strategic business advisor to senior management regarding key organizational and management issues
- Develop human resource planning models to identify core competencies, knowledge gaps and training needs, and create programs to fill those gaps
- Design, plan and facilitate implementation of human resource programs and policies, including staffing models and compensation trends
- Collaborate with leadership to implement effective communication strategies, rewards programs and effective employee relations plans
- Provide senior management with key people metrics to assist in effectively managing the company
- Leverage deep understanding of the business to translate business goals into clear business-focused talent, engagement and organizational strategies in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Manage and enhance the employee experience at all stages of the employee life cycle
- Develop and manage a comprehensive total rewards strategy to ensure talent attraction and retention while managing costs
- Lead the performance management process to ensure proper development of employees
- Collaborate with internal teams to provide direction, coaching, feedback and mentoring
- Continually seek to improve HR systems and processes to support the business
Additional qualifications are:
- 15+ years of progressive Human Resources experience at a middle-market company
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field desired
- SPHR certification a plus
- International experience is a must; Manufacturing experience preferred
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- An agile, continual learner with personal resilience
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaboration skills across all levels, with an ability to persuade and influence, and the ability to build enthusiasm and commitment
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To all staffing agencies: Wiss will not be utilizing agencies for this particular position. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to partner with Wiss & Company on future positions must have an updated contractual agreement. Please be reminded, Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes will become the property of Wiss & Company LLP.