Wiss & Company is seeking a Senior Tax Associate for our Livingston, NJ location. This individual will join our growing Tax Department and focus on areas of compliance, consulting, project management, engagement management and professional development.
- Preparation of tax returns for large multi-state corporations, partnerships, Individuals and Trusts (High Net Worth)
- Ensure tax adjustments are made to financial statements for preparation of tax returns
- Light review of individual, partnership, and corporate tax returns.
- Identify and develop tax planning for clients.
- Interact with clients to discuss issues with regards to their tax information throughout the year.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate tax jurisdictions
- Maintain ongoing communication with senior management to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, ensure deadlines are met and lead change efforts effectively
- Develop technical knowledge through participation in organization meetings, training programs, attending industry events, and participation in research activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Masters in Taxation a plus
- CPA or active pursuit of license desired
- 3-6 years of related tax experience
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Dedication to superior client service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
To all staffing agencies: WISS will not be actively utilizing agencies for this position. However, should this change Wiss will reach out to those staffing agencies whom there is an existing contractual relationship. Please NO UNSOLICITED RESUMES! All unsolicited resumes will become the property of Wiss & Company!
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.