The Senior Associate, CFO Advisory will have an exceptional opportunity to make a difference at Wiss and with Wiss clients in the NJ and NY area. Use your knowledge and skills to stream-line our client’s accounting departments and increase efficiency. Have the ability to introduce and train users on new technology. This is a very exciting position that will have high visibility to Senior Leadership within the organization.
- Evaluate the current workflow and organizational structure of accounting departments.
- Research third party solutions for client pain points, redundant tasks and or manual work that is performed outside of the accounting system.
- Prepare written assessments and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrate (or coordinate demonstrations) of third party solution to clients.
- Identify obstacles or issues that are not solved by your recommended solutions and develop workarounds.
- Train client staff on new systems and procedures.
- Assist with accounting system conversion projects.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with third party vendors. Make requests for system enhancements. Communicate new features to interested internal and external parties.
- Answer general accounting questions; understand how to gross-up payroll, post other month-end journal entries etc.
- Partner with CFO Advisory team members to develop pertinent KPIs for businesses, set targets, monitor progress, and make suggestions to business owners and or individuals of influence.
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of public accounting experience and a combination of public/private experience and will possess the following attributes:
- BA in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent work experience in the field.
- Any large ERP system experience a plus (SAP, MS Dynamics, Oracle, etc).
- Have a general sense of business issues and practices in the areas of sales tax, corporate taxes, partnership filing fees, 1099s, inventory, cost of goods, etc.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Polished communication skills.
- Understanding of financial ratios.
- Strong oral and written and communication skills; comfortable presenting to a group.
- Ability to multi-task and switch from one client to another.
- Willing to attend evening networking events and promote new business.
- MBA and or CPA is not required, but is a plus.
To all staffing agencies: WISS will not be actively utilizing agencies for this position. However, should this change Wiss will reach out to those staffing agencies whom there is an existing contractual relationship. Please NO UNSOLICITED RESUMES! All unsolicited resumes will become the property of Wiss & Company! Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
This position offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted.