A Wiss client in Bergen County, NJ is seeking a Senior Accountant for a 5-6 month contract position. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience within a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Prepare and record journal entries for month-end close including revenue accruals and deferrals
- Conduct account analysis, involving researching discrepancies and making recommendations/solutions for reconciling items
- Maintain fixed asset sub-system and records all entries in accounting software
- Prepare and post allocation entries and postings
- Coordinate information from other departments to prepare journal entries
- Reconcile Intercompany balances between subsidiaries
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting reports/schedules
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required and 6+ years of related experience
- Excellent knowledge in advanced accounting concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time-management skills and ability to adhere to month-end close timelines
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while able to shift priorities
- Proactive, detail-oriented individual who can work well both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills including in-depth knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Great Plains / Microsoft Dynamics / Crystal Reports experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and project management skills
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and discretion
This position is for a Wiss & Company client. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company’s career site. After submitting your information, it will be redirected to the Hiring Manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted. To all staffing agencies: Wiss welcome resumes from individual applicants and from recruiters with whom Wiss has a contractual relationship with. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to submit a candidate and does not currently have a contract, should reach out to the Director of Talent Acquisition at Wiss prior to sending the candidate’s information, as Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Any unsoliciated resumes will become the property of Wiss & Company LLP.
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.