Wiss & Company LLP seeks a Tax Director/Manager level candidate to join their Estate and Trust practice in their Livingston, NJ location. The candidate will partner closely with the Firm's high net worth clients. The candidate will oversee the tax compliance related to such work and will also collaborate with those dedicated to client projects and assist with specialized research as it relates to the estate and trust planning specialty. This role includes staff mentoring, management and administrative functions. Polished communication and the ability to cultivate client relationships is critical to success.
- Management and review of estate, gift and trust tax compliance work
- Assist in developing Estate Planning and Wealth Management strategies for pre and post retirement clients.
- Advise clients on Estate Planning opportunities. Manage current and potential issues related to tax strategy.
- Act as a resource for tax preparers / specialists and auditing staff on specific tax issues and related questions.
- Assume client service responsibility where the responsibility is delegated from another team member.
- Communicate to the appropriate firm personnel important tax developments affecting the firm’s clients.
- Research and analyze trends that may impact estate planning clients.
- Supervise, develop, and coach team members.
- Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, develop training aids and act as a coach in professional development programs.
- Possess complete knowledge of the firm’s philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintain knowledge of general economic and political trends and stay abreast of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate
- Minimum of 7 years working in public accounting
- CPA required
- MST is highly preferred
- Ability to cultivate client relationships (including business development)
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
*Help us play a role in determining the future of our Firm!
To all staffing agencies: WISS will not be actively utilizing agencies for this position. However, should this change Wiss will reach out to those staffing agencies whom there is an existing contractual relationship. Please NO UNSOLICITED RESUMES! All unsolicited resumes will become the property of Wiss & Company! Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.