A Wiss client in Northern NJ is seeking a Controller to join their growing organization. The ideal candidate will hold their CPA and have previous experience in the Logistics/Transportation industry.
- Directing all accounting operations by managing the daily accumulation and consolidation of all financial data
- Actively managing cash balances for all divisions and forecast cash needs for current and future business commitments
- Daily, weekly, monthly financial analysis and process review of cash, expenses, liabilities, sales, receivables, equipment, systems etc.
- Preparing and publishing timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual internal financial statements, footnotes and supporting schedules
- Overseeing the flow and processes of accounting staff that includes the Assistant Controller, A/P, A/R, Payroll and financial reporting staff
- Supervising the payroll function and ensuring compliance with federal and multi-state reporting and company policies, reviewing and approving weekly payroll submissions
- Providing leadership and support for Accounts Payable (W-9 compliance and 1099 reporting) and Accounts Receivable (credit applications, billing matters, collection escalation)
- Oversight between divisions and corporate HR management
- Assessing workflow to develop better business practices and internal control procedures for operations and accounting functions
- 401K-weekly review and remittance of employee data and providing supporting schedules for annual audit
- Annual insurance reviews for trucking equipment and workman’s compensation policies, and annual insurance audits
- Coordinating with outside counsel when matters arise during the normal course of business
- Review annual audit of financial statements, footnotes and multi-state corporate tax returns
- Providing project management for various business operations projects including coordination of tasks between accounting, operations and IT departments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- CPA preferred
- 10+ years work-related experience
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience is a plus
- Excellent Excel and Word skills
- Ability to clearly communicate to a range of individuals including executives and owners
- Knowledge of Sage Accounting is a plus
- Knowledge of Global/AS400 is a plus
- Knowledge of CCH Workpaper Manager is preferred
- Knowledge of Ultimate Software for Payroll and HRIS is a plus
This position is for a Wiss & Company client. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company’s career site. After submitting your information, it will be redirected to the Hiring Manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted. To all staffing agencies: Wiss welcome resumes from individual applicants and from recruiters with whom Wiss has a contractual relationship with. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to submit a candidate and does not currently have a contract, should reach out to the Director of Talent Acquisition at Wiss prior to sending the candidate’s information, as Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- This position offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted.