A Wiss client in the professional services industry in New York City is seeking a Controller to join their team. The candidate MUST have previous architecture or engineering industry experience and hold their CPA. Deltek Vision is REQUIRED!
• Maintain/ oversee company books, chart of accounts, general ledger, payroll, and treasury activities 111 Coordinate month and year-end closing activities
• Continually develop, optimize, and maintain the firm's financial processes, project profitability reports, and budgeting process.
• Manage the company's AR/AP and overall cashflow
• Provide tax and regulatory oversight and ensure compliance
• Periodically audit internal controls related to accounting/ finance
• Investigate and make recommendations related to the protection of corporate assets
• Initially manage and successfully transition employee benefits over to HR
• Act as a resource to employees and provide general explanation of payroll deductions, etc.
• Monitor and report on the financial health of the firm in relation to the Big Picture
• Provide financial reporting and analysis of bookings, commentary and recommendations regarding firm's finances, strategic financial planning, and firm wide budget and tax planning
• Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly financial management reports
• Continue to develop, maintain and populate the company's financial dashboard
• Work closely with department heads to develop and furnish the vital information they need to be financially informed including revenue, expenses, gross margin and profit contribution
• Manage and develop accounting staff
• Manage the company's outside accounting firm
• An experienced CPA with at least 5 years' experience in a controller role within a 50-100 person professional services firm.
• Candidates must have worked in Deltek Vision software
• Experience managing a small team of employees
This position is for a Wiss & Company client. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company’s career site. After submitting your information, it will be redirected to the Hiring Manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted. To all staffing agencies: Wiss welcome resumes from individual applicants and from recruiters with whom Wiss has a contractual relationship with. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to submit a candidate and does not currently have a contract, should reach out to the Director of Talent Acquisition at Wiss prior to sending the candidate’s information, as Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
This position offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted.