A Wiss client in Northern NJ is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong acconting foundation and show a willingness to be involved in all aspects of the accounting function.
Role and Responsibilities
Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for:
- Reports to the Divisional Controller
- Daily cash application and reporting for all divisions
- Daily sales application and reporting for all divisions
- Daily intercompany reconciliations
- Monthly close process – including account reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Audit Support
- Monthly and Quarterly Financial statement preparation (including footnotes for quarterly reports)
- Back up AP and AR functions
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2 -5 Years’ Experience in Public Accounting or Comparable Experience in Corporate Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Suite Skills
- Able to clearly and consistently communicate with upper management and owners
- Knowledge of Sage accounting software a plus
- Knowledge of the trucking industry a plus
- Knowledge of CCH Workpaper Manager a Plus
This position is for a Wiss & Company client. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company’s career site. After submitting your information, it will be redirected to the Hiring Manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted. To all staffing agencies: Wiss welcome resumes from individual applicants and from recruiters with whom Wiss has a contractual relationship with. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to submit a candidate and does not currently have a contract, should reach out to the Director of Talent Acquisition at Wiss prior to sending the candidate’s information, as Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- This position offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted.