A Wiss client in the logistics/transportation industry is seeking a "hands-on" energetic Assistant Controller to join their team. Ideally the candidate will possess a mix of public and private accounting experience and have previous supervisory experience.
This position reports directly to the Controller, and is responsible for general ledger accounting functions for multiple divisions.
- Supervising/training staff (in conjunction with controller)
- Manage daily sales reporting for all divisions
- Daily cash transactions and application for all divisions
- Manage daily intercompany reconciliations
- Manage weekly/monthly banking transactions and bank reconciliations
- Monthly close process for each division to include:
- reconciliations to outside systems
- account reconciliations (including accrual account maintenance)
- comparative analysis
- research variances
- communicate with management
- Monthly and quarterly financial statement preparation
- Annual audit support including the draft of the financial statements and related notes
- Back up to A/R and A/P functions
- Annual federal and multi-state corporate income tax return file preparation and review
- Payroll to G/L reconciliation and quarterly/annual federal/multi-state payroll tax return review
- Annual 1099 filing vendor list preparation and 1096/1099 review
- Special projects as required
- Travel 5%Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- CPA preferred, but not required
- 5 - 8 years work-related experience
- 2+ years of public accounting experience a plusTechnical Requirements
- Sound Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, etc)
- Ability to clearly communicate to a range of individuals including supervisors and owners
- Knowledge of Sage Accounting is a plus
- Knowledge of Global/AS400 is a plus
- Knowledge of CCH Workpaper Manager is preferred
This position is for a Wiss & Company client. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company’s career site. After submitting your information, it will be redirected to the Hiring Manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted. To all staffing agencies: Wiss welcome resumes from individual applicants and from recruiters with whom Wiss has a contractual relationship with. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to submit a candidate and does not currently have a contract, should reach out to the Director of Talent Acquisition at Wiss prior to sending the candidate’s information, as Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- This position offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted.