An established manufacturing company in Northern New Jersey is currently seeking a strong CFO/Director of Finance to manage its accounting, cost accounting and finance. This position will be responsible for driving financial processes, policies and procedures across the company. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a hands-on lead financial role in a fast-growing company.
- Manage the company’s financial reporting process, analyzing the data and communicating to executive team.
- Lead the company’s financial accounting function for multiple entities including consolidations.
- Manage core accounting functions including A/R, A/P, general ledger and credit.
- Responsible for monthly close and timely and accurate completion of financial statements.
- Complete monthly and quarterly detailed account reviews and manage intercompany accounts.
- Enhance the current consolidation process including completion of cash flow statements, product line and customer profit & loss statements.
- Develop, implement and maintain cost accounting and inventory policies and procedures.
- Work with standard product costing system to provide costs based upon a fully costed and marginal costs basis. Provide variance analyses for purchasing, material usage and labor.
- Work with accounts receivable and accounts payable to standardize policies and procedures.
- Optimize management of accounts receivable and collections.
- Lead the annual budgeting process, aligning goals and targets with financial outcomes
- Establish and maintain metrics to drive operational excellence.
- Support the implementation of new ERP system and ensure system is set up for cost and profitability analysis.
- Oversee the company policies and procedures, the flow of cash and financial instruments.
- Mentor and develop team members.
- Responsible for corporate insurance and annual renewals.
- Monitor tax and other regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Oversee and manage the Treasury functions of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 10-15 years accounting experience with a minimum of 5 years in a lead financial role managing a team of 10+ employees
- Demonstrated usage and understanding of manufacturing standard product costing models
- Manufacturing industry experience required
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing-based ERP systems
- Proficiency in MS Office, with advanced level in Excel
- Data driven, analytical approach to problem solving leading to systemic improvements and results
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent supervisory and management skills
- Ability to identify and report problems and assist in their resolution
- Strong organization and management skills
Our client offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a well-established company and leader in their industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This position is for a client of Wiss and Company. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company's career site. After submitting your information, your information will then be redirected to the hiring manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted.