A distributor located in Central New Jersey, is currently seeking a motivated hands-on Director of Finance to manage and oversee the day-to-day Accounting functions.
The Director of Finance will report to the President/CEO and provide financial information/analysis on an on-going as requested basis. He/She will also work closely with the executive leadership team to provide financial direction and implementation of strategic business plans and initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a very strong accounting background, coupled with a desire to take on an ‘ownership mentality’ in daily functions and responsibilities.
- Analyze financials and key performance indicators to aid in business decision making
- Provide financial advice based on company performance and goals
- Employ best practices for financial management
- Prepare appropriate reports to share financial data with senior management, with the ability to explain such information by investigating transactional line items in detail
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting, with the ability to accurately predict cash flow
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Manage (all) accounting functions for multiple entities, including; A/R, A/P, credit and collections, G/L, commissions and system development
- Lead monthly close process and ensure timely and accurate completion of financial statements
- Ensure compliance with Sales & Use tax and other local, state and federal tax reporting
- Manage, coach and develop staff of 10 employees; provide leadership and team-building
- Preparation and continued review of the annual budget process, including review of, and coordination with, departmental budgets
- Manage third party relationships including payroll, insurance and CPA firms
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Act as a financial consultant to various functional dept./areas of the company
- Partner with Sales and Operations dept. to evaluate inventory and calculate accurate product costs, and customer pricing
- Must have ability to master the proprietary ERP Accounting Software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 10-15 years’ experience in a lead financial role with demonstrated experienced managing a team
- Experience within the distribution industry preferred
- Prior experience with ERP systems
- A proactive go-getter with a strong sense of urgency
- A desire to develop an understanding of the company and work assigned
- Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
- Solid communication skills at all levels within the organization.
- Strong supervisory and management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly an advanced level with Excel
- 5-10% travel expected
Our client offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a well-established company.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company's career site. After submitting your information, your information will then be redirected to the hiring manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted.