Wiss & Company is currently assisting one of our clients, located in Florida, in a search for a Director of Finance.
The Director of Finance will oversee all financial activities for the company including reporting on and forecasting business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and cash flow, as well as making recommendations to the Management team regarding major strategic economic objectives and policies for company. This is a “hands-on” position requiring strong interpersonal and managerial skills.
Core responsibilities in oversight and involvement in accounting functions include:
- Providing financial analysis and guidance to the Management Team for business forecasting, budgeting and planning to meet revenue, margin and income goals.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing the annual budget with the Management team.
- Responsible for analyzing company needs, assessing priorities and developing plans in terms of cost containment, margin improvement and long-term investment needs.
- Managing the month end accounting close process and ensuring that all timelines are met to enable thorough analytical review of results.
- Performing timely reconciliations including cash and ensure proper audit support in compliance with internal controls.
- Coordinating and working closely with the internal and external auditors to achieve successful audits.
- Planning and directing general ledger accounts, month and year-end closings, depreciation, payroll, cost control systems, budget, credit, insurance, tax preparation, audits, banking, financial statements, etc.
- Responsible for the cost accounting function of the company.
Requirements for this role include:
- 15-20 years related experience, with direct management of accounting personnel
- Proven record of performance in a lead financial role, with a strong business and financial acumen
- Pharmaceutical industry experience desired
- QuickBooks knowledge preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA is strongly preferred
This position is for a client of Wiss and Company. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company's career site. After submitting your information, your information will then be redirected to the hiring manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer