WISS is seeking a self-motivated Account Manager/Bookkeeper to join our rapidly growing WEST division. WEST is a financial management and business improvement program for early stage companies. In this role, you will work directly with early stage companies and be their key accounting contact.
The Account Manager will have an important role in managing client relationships. You will be working and communicating directly with CEOs, company founders and other executives, providing a diverse range of financial needs for their growing companies. As such, all candidates to be considered must be comfortable taking ownership of 12-15 clients and their accounting functions.
- Implementation and training of systems including QuickBooks Online, Xero, Expensify, and Bill.com
- Recording business transactions and reconciling accounts
- Meeting with clients monthly to answer questions, pay approved bills and review financials against budget.
- Preparing monthly management reports for internal (CEO direct reports) and external (investors) parties
- Monitoring business activity through proprietary software and taking action when needed to keep the business compliant
- Developing chart of accounts and or using the features in the accounting system to provide the client with management information needed to make business decisions
- Associate degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 3+ years of progressive bookkeeping experience, with demonstrated general business acumen
- Prior experience in an Outsourced Accounting area at a CPA firm desired
- Proficiency in a MS Office environment and above average PC skills
- Experience with QuickBooks is required. QuickBook ProAdvisor certification is a plus
- Experience working with Bill.com, Expensify, Fathom, Carta or similar systems preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and ability to build credibility and trust with clients
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to exercise good judgment in decision making
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To all staffing agencies: Wiss welcomes resumes from individual applicants and from recruiters with whom Wiss has a contractual relationship with. Please do not forward resumes directly to our client. Any recruiter who would like to submit a candidate and does not currently have a contract, should contact the Recruiting Manager of Wiss prior to sending the candidate's information, as Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.