Wiss and Company is currently seeking an experienced Controller for our client, an entrepreneurial real estate investment and management company. The Controller will lead all accounting and reporting functions for a national portfolio totaling approximately 1.5MM square feet of mixed-use and retail properties. This individual will work closely with the founding principals and asset managers in the company's New York City office.
- Manage the books and records for each property
- Update, review, and analyze all property monthly, quarterly, and annual work papers
- Manage all property and corporate cash and provide regular analysis to senior management and joint venture partners
- Provide reporting for our investors, joint venture partners, and lenders on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Manage the accounts receivable function by communicating directly with tenants, as needed
- Liaise with and manage our dedicated team at RealFoundations, a third-party service provider for data entry of accounts receivables, accounts payables, and bank reconciliations
- Lead annual CAM, insurance, and real estate tax reconciliation process
- Work with senior management and asset managers to create and finalize annual budgets
- Respond to, and make recommendations/decisions regarding, vendor inquiries and invoice payments
- Oversee invoice coding and sharing of all invoices and other materials with RealFoundations
- Manage payables, aging report generation, tenant delinquency letter process, and work paper analysis
- Coordinate with Asset Management Department regarding all property and tenant issues
- Track capital work and tenant improvements and submit lender escrow requests
- Liaise with auditors during annual audits for our joint venture partnerships
- Assist CPA firms in preparing and mailing all tax returns and K1s
- Manage corporate and property-level insurance policies
- Manage payroll and corporate entity filings
- Assist Acquisitions/Dispositions Department in transactional due diligence, accounting, cash flow, and/or tax analysis
- Additional duties and ad hoc reporting, as requested
This position is for a client of Wiss and Company. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company's career site. After submitting your information, your information will then be redirected to the hiring manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To all staffing agencies: WISS welcomes resumes from individual applicants and from recruiters with whom WISS has a contractual relationship with for this position. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to submit a candidate and does not currently have a contract, should contact the Recruiting Manager of Wiss prior to sending the candidate’s information, as WISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.