An established company located in Northern New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to work alongside its Executive Team. This position requires a CFO who is a seasoned financial and operations executive with a track record of progressive responsibilities. The CFO will be the key executive with responsibility over the organization’s financial functions and will serve as an integral business partner in developing and driving the company’s financial vision and direction.
- Leading the company’s financial function and performance. This will include financial planning and reporting, budgeting, treasury, control, tax, among other areas.
- Providing timely and accurate analyses of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Participating in the development of financial and organizational plans and programs as a strategic partner, including evaluating and advising on the impact of long range planning and growth, as well as evaluating the execution of strategic investments.
- Presenting financial results to senior executives and Board members with narrative on results, variances to plan, trends and key metrics.
- Monitoring tax and other regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Managing cash flow in the business intelligently, balancing returns and risks
- Foreseeing and clearly communicating potential financial risks, both those specific to the business model as well as those related to economic and financial markets.
- Evaluating and leading the finance team for continual improvement, including mentoring and developing team members toward professional and personal growth.
Additional qualifications are:
- Proven record of performance in a strategic role as a CFO for an organization in the manufacturing and distribution industry
- Demonstrated success in devising and implementing a robust finance infrastructure (i.e. people, process, system upgrades/implementations)
- Experience managing functional areas in a global environment including accounting, budgeting, financial planning, tax, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior executives and relate to people at all levels within the organization utilizing excellent communication skills
- Able to handle long-term and/or complex projects with significant financial and or other business impact
- Maintains strong business and financial acumen as well as superior analytical skills, sound technical skills, good judgment and strong operational focus
- Proven leadership skills; comfortable with a high level of visibility, responsibility and accountability
- Experience working with outside agencies, customers and business community
Additional requirements for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- MBA and/or CPA is strongly preferred
- A willingness to travel, approximately 33% of time
This position offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted.
This position is for a Wiss & Company client. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company’s career site. After submitting your information, it will be redirected to the Hiring Manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To all staffing agencies: Wiss welcome resumes from individual applicants and from recruiters with whom Wiss has a contractual relationship with. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to submit a candidate and does not currently have a contract, should reach out to the Recruiting Manager of Wiss prior to sending the candidate’s information, as Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.