A Wiss client that is a privately-owned mid-size manufacturing company, in Morris County, NJ seeks a strong hands-on Director of Finance/Controller to manage the accounting, finance, human resources and general office staff. The qualified candidate will have strong supervisory experience with a "hands on" approach and the ability keep up with the pace of company growth. This role will handle all the financial accounting for multiple entities including consolidations.
- Manage core accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and credit.
- Manage monthly close and ensure timely completion of internal monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Complete monthly and quarterly detailed account reviews and manage intercompany accounts.
- Enhance the current consolidation process including completion of cash flow statements, product line and customer profit & loss statements.
- Represent accounting department in implementation of new ERP system.
- Work with operations to provide timely and accurate processes for inventory control and valuation.
- Work with standard product costing system to provide costs based upon a fully costed and marginal costs basis. Provide variance analyses for purchasing, material usage and labor.
- Work with accounts receivable and accounts payable to standardize policies and procedures.
- Work with AR/Credit to optimize management of accounts receivable and collections.
- Enhance annual budgeting process.
- Develop and report key performance indicators.
- Oversee the company policies and procedures, the flow of cash and financial instruments.
- Mentor and coach direct and indirect reports.
- Administer corporate insurance and renewals.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal tax reporting.
- Oversee and manage the Treasury functions of the company.
- BA/BS in accounting is required.
- Advanced degree (CPA) preferred but not required.
- 10+ years accounting experience with a minimum of 5 years at the Director of Finance level.
- Experience managing a team of 10+ professionals.
- Demonstrated usage and understanding of manufacturing standard product costing models.
- Manufacturing industry experience essential.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems such as Sage, Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains, JD Edwards.
- Proficiency in MS Office and ability to perform complex analysis utilizing EXCEL.
- Solid communication skills at all levels within the organization.
- Must have strong supervisory and management skills.
- Ability to identify and report problems and assist in their resolution.
- Our client offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a well-established company and leader in their industry.
- Qualified candidates should include a resume cover along with cover letter.
This position is for a client of Wiss and Company. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company's career site. After submitting your information, your information will then be redirected to the hiring manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Wiss & Company LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
To all staffing agencies: WISS welcomes resumes from individual applicants and from recruiters with whom WISS has a contractual relationship with. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to submit a candidate and does not currently have a contract, should contact the Recruiting Manager of Wiss prior to sending the candidate’s information, as WISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.